The student news site of Seneca Valley Senior High School.

Seneca Scout

Seneca Scout

Seneca Scout

Raiders Football Season Ends

The Seneca Valley Raiders played host to the visiting North Allegheny Tigers last Friday for their final game of the season. The theme was pink-out, and the crowd certainly turned up to show support for Breast Cancer Awareness. The seniors laced up for the last time in hopes of one final victory at NexTier Stadium for their final high school football game.

Before the game, it was announced wide receiver Amari Henson, senior, would not play, due to an unspecified injury.

In the first quarter, the North Allegheny Tigers had an early strike to go up 6-0 against the Raiders. Following up their prior strike, the Tigers had another touchdown plus a successful 2-point conversion to go up 14-0. Notable player for the Tigers, Khiryn Boyd, senior running back, had a quick score and punt return, putting up over 50 rushing yards in the first quarter alone.

In the second quarter, senior quarterback, Logan Kushner threw a long passing touchdown to Lhiryn Body, senior wide receiver. Meanwhile, the Raiders’ offense was still going cold and was not able to put up any points in their 3 offensive possessions for the 2nd quarter. Concluding the half, the Tigers maintained a commanding lead at 28-0.

The second half started out with an electric play from the NA Tigers, with a pick-6 on the Raiders’ first possession. Cayden Parker, senior Tight End, had a beautiful 16-yard run for the Raiders’ first score of the night, 35-7. Both teams battled in the 4th quarter, each scoring points. Parker Brugos, senior quarterback, stepping in and stepping up for a quick drive with the touchdown pass to number 27, Dajaun Webb, sophomore Wide Receiver.

Despite the push in the 4th quarter, the Raiders weren’t able to end with a W. The game ended with a final score of 49-14, NA. The Raiders did not make the playoffs and will have to wait until next year for a rematch.