The student news site of Seneca Valley Senior High School.

Seneca Scout

Seneca Scout

Seneca Scout

Seneca Scout’s Counterpart: Seneca Scout TV

The Seneca Scout newspaper has a broadcast counterpart, Seneca Scout TV. They upload episodes every Friday at 7 p.m. broadcasted on the Armstrong channel, 208, and on their YouTube channel.

In addition to our printed and online version of a newspaper, there is a broadcast version, called Seneca Scout TV. It is run by Mr. Dan McKosky, Seneca’s video production teacher. He has many creative classes available at Seneca and broadcast is one of them. Students in this broadcast class film on Fridays during their class period, and then it is posted later that day at 7 p.m. The broadcast reports on school events like football games, opportunities for students, and upcoming showcases, like musicals and various concerts.

Seneca Scout TV displays a myriad of immediate information, things students should know instantaneously. But not a lot of students are involved in this broadcast class or involved with Seneca Scout. Seneca Scout is actively trying to involve more students and have it better known around the school. McKosky says, “This year we have eight (in the class), ideally I would want at least 10.” A huge class wouldn’t be very operational for this type of course but more students being involved would help the viewer count and readership of both programs.