The student news site of Seneca Valley Senior High School.

Seneca Scout

Seneca Scout

Seneca Scout

Open Mic Nights in Harmony

Harmony holds many opportunities for musicians interested in performing their music. Places such as the Harmonist Barn and the Harmony Inn host these on various days.

On Tuesday, Sept. 26, the Harmonist Barn hosted their last open mic night of the season. The barn had an atmosphere filled with friendly and welcoming people, all enthusiastic about music. Most people who performed had been reoccurring performers at this specific open mic, but there were also new performers who were branching out and making connections.

The new performers were disappointed to hear it was the last time the open mic night would occur until the spring/summer; due to it being practically outside, it would not go over well in the winter. However, the organizers of this event are trying to find new ways to keep it going into the winter and early spring.

If the Harmonist Barn open mic night doesn’t continue through the winter, the Harmony Inn holds these events every Monday from 6-9 p.m. You can enjoy a dinner with your friends while listening to local musicians sharing their talents.

Rob Adams, the organizer of the Harmony Inn Open Mic Night, loves organizing these events and says, “Meeting new musicians who want to grow and play in front of people, is the best part of these nights.” It is a free, welcoming opportunity for any aspiring musicians to come to and play. The enthusiastic leaders and excited audiences make this a perfect place for a first performance.

The atmosphere of the Harmony Inn is full of a lively and supportive crowd, and new opportunities for musicians make the Harmony Inn Open Mic Nights the perfect place to be on a Monday night.